[R] Histogram plot help

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Tue Dec 4 00:59:16 CET 2012

Hello,

I can't say I understand your graph but as for the abline not showing
up, it's outside the clipped region so it shouldn't. If you want it to
show up, in the previous line, and after the hist() call, include

clip(2, -2, usr[3], usr[4])

As for the decimals, those are normal, have you seen the data you're
ploting? To have whole numbers use the arguments ylim and yaxt = "n" in
the first call to hist and axis(2, ...) afterward. Something like

hist(x, xlim=c(-4,4),ylab="Prevalence",prob=T,lwd=3,las=1, ylim = c(0,
3), yaxt="n")
axis(2, at = 0:3)

Oh, and you forgot prob = TRUE in the other calls to hist().

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas