[R] r function definition

FJ M chicagobrownblue at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:07:19 CET 2012

Are you using windows? If you are you may want to try to run your R code from a batch file:
REM on Microsoft Windows (adjust the path to R.exe as needed)
"C:\Program Files\R\R-2.13.2\bin\x64\R.exe" CMD BATCH    "C:\Users\Frank\Documents\R\Projects\Heinrich\Heinrich.txt" "C:\Users\Frank\Documents\R\Projects\Heinrich\Heinrich.out"
PAUSE

Where ...Heinrich.txt is the following R code in a text file:
pdf("Heinrich.pdf")
## load Pearson package
library(PearsonDS)
## calculate probability density function Fig. 1
x <- seq(0.0, +20.0, length=100)
hx<- dpearsonIV(x,m=2.25,nu=5,location=17,scale=2)
k<-0.0206631
plot(x, hx , type="l", lwd=2, tck=1, xlab="x value",  ylab="Density", main="J. Heinrich Fig. 1")
## calculate probability density function Fig 2
hx<- dpearsonIV(x,m=0.75,nu=1.0,location=15,scale=0.5)
k<-0.218991
plot(x, hx , type="l", lwd=2, tck=1, xlab="x value",  ylab="Density", main="J. Heinrich Fig. 2")
quit()
and Heinrich.out will contain the output of the results of the commands. Look at Heinrich.out for results and errors. Then correct the text file and rerun.
GL
Frank
Chicago