[R] stiff delay differential equations

Thomas Petzoldt thpe at simecol.de
Wed Dec 5 23:31:45 CET 2012

On 12/5/2012 9:15 AM, Suzen, Mehmet wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> Can you recommend me if odeSolve can handle stiff delay differential
> equations with discontinuities? Or any other package? Best, -m

Package deSolve (the successor of odesolve) can candle:

- stiff differential equations: yes (solvers: lsoda, lsode, vode, vode,
radau)

- delay differential equations: yes (function dede, that calls lsoda,
lsode, vode, radau, ...)

- discontinuities: yes (events and root finding)

A combination is also possible, but please keep in mind that this can
become difficult "by definition", so that it is good modelling practise
to start with a simple system first - and to introduce all the
complications only when necessary.

I am not aware that any other package contains all the requested
features, but if please let me know if there is something new and we'll
add it to the DifferentialEquations task view.

Thomas Petzoldt