[R] Excluding all missing values with dcast ("reshape2" package)

Michael.Laviolette at dhhs.state.nh.us Michael.Laviolette at dhhs.state.nh.us
Thu Dec 6 14:16:19 CET 2012

Thanks for the response. The drop option of dcast was the first thing I
tried. Sorry for the lack of reproducibility, but my data set is large, I
couldn't find anything in the package examples, and I had hoped the
modification would be straightforward. Using dcast was my first choice
because it returns a data frame. I was successful using xtabs; there was
just the extra step of converting the returned table to a data frame.
Thanks again!

-M.L.

This is not a reproducible example ;)

anyways, dcast has an attribute:
drop
should missing combinations dropped or kept?

does that not do what you want?