[R] Copy data from Excel

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 20:12:27 CET 2012

On Dec 19, 2012, at 10:22 AM, Christofer Bogaso wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I my day to day calculation, I need to take lot of data from Excel and forth and generally I use 'clipboard' option with read.delim() function. However many time, the data in Excel are like '(111,000)' instead of '-111000'. Generally I convert data in the 2nd form in Excel itself and then copy to clipboard.
>
> Is there any option in R, so that I can copy-paste '(111,000)' directly into R in numeric format? And also pasting data into Clipboard from R in the format of '(111,000)'?

If you read from the clipboard with one of the `read.*` functions after defining an Audit class and an `as.Audit` function and include colClasses=c( ..., Audit, ...) in the appropriate location you would be able to get automatic conversions. There are examples of this in the Rhelp Archives.

--
David Winsemius
Alameda, CA, USA