[R] Problem with simulation

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 20 16:43:29 CET 2012

On 20-12-2012, at 15:49, Rajibul Mian wrote:

> Dear:
>
> I am having problem with simulation. Sometimes for 100 iteration, my
> program works but sometimes give error message regarding some "built-in
> function" which I never used
> in my code. I have no idea about the problem. Any suggestion, comments or
> idea regarding this would be highly appreciable. Thanks.
>
> I have used ---- "maxLik()" and "BBsolve()" in my code. Error message shows
> regarding "optim()".

Well you may have not used "optim" explicitly but what about maxLik?
If you had read the help for maxLik you would have seen that there is a link to optim, which within the context of maxLik would seem to imply that the maxLik uses optim.

You don't even provide the exact error message.
Without any reproducible code it is not possible to give any kind of suggestion, comment or idea except: please provide code that exhibits the issue.

Berend