[R] Problem loading .r file

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 17:33:19 CET 2012

Christofer Bogaso <bogaso.christofer <at> gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> I was trying to load a .r file using source() and load() functions.
> Although I could be able to load the codes (mainly few user defined
> functions) written in that .r. file correctly, however getting
> following error:
>
> > source("D:/Book Code.r")
> Error in sys.call(sys.parent()) : node stack overflow
>
> > load("D:/Book Code.r")
> Error: bad restore file magic number (file may be corrupted) -- no data loaded
> In addition: Warning message:
> file ‘NG Book Code.r’ has magic number 'Pos_T'
>    Use of save versions prior to 2 is deprecated
>
> What is the possible problem?

 Really hard to say.

  source() seems to be the right choice (since the file seems to
contain R code -- load() is for stored *data*).  However, it's almost
impossible to diagnose the problem without more information about
what's *in* the file.

  Googling "r 'node stack overflow'" shows unanswered questions at

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13788306/error-in-as-dendrogram
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/
  Error-in-data-frame-srcfile-NA-character-using-R-CMD-check-td4369037.html