[R] Is there a package to output midi files for sonification of data

Suzen, Mehmet msuzen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:39:04 CET 2012

On 27 December 2012 08:46, Greg Hooper <gregstuarthooper at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks Ben - hmm I think I will use a midi/csv utility
> http://www.fourmilab.ch/webtools/midicsv/ and see how that goes. Another

Hi Greg, Yes you are right, It is for wav analysis but as Ben
suggests. Conversion
should not be difficult. Also I think it must be 'trivial' to
translate that Perl
script's (package) to R, if you are really after pure R solution.
(I think having something native to read midi will be beneficial to
community)

> option is http://playitbyr.org/index.html and output to Csound and from

It is interesting. Can you do some meaningful data exploration with
playitbyr or is it
pure fun?

> there to midi. PlayitbyR and into Csound might be something that suits your

If you are going to use external program to convert that maybe you can
use wav files after all, hence the tuneR.

Best,
-m