[R] Is there a package to output midi files for sonification of data

Suzen, Mehmet msuzen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 21:48:07 CET 2012

On 27 December 2012 21:23, Ben Bolker <bbolker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12-12-27 03:04 PM, Greg Hooper wrote:
> it more closely into R I would take the C code and figure out how I
> could integrate it into an R package as compiled code with a thin R
> wrapper around it. Since the code "license" is "public domain", you

Brilliant! Ben, while interfacing C code to R is very well established.

> could even redistribute the package freely. But if it's just for
> personal use, and you don't need it to be incredibly slick, using it
> externally (via system()) seems perfectly sensible.

I would not suggest that. Using system is just a "hack" in my opinion.
It is preferable to have a proper interface to R via .C  in a package framework.

Concerning license, It is the responsibility of user/developer to
consider that :)

Cheers,
-m