[R] R crashing inconsistently within for loops

Fri Dec 28 10:04:36 CET 2012

You are not wrong to expect R to not crash. However, R (as most people use it) is not monolithic, and you have provided neither reproducible code nor sessionInfo() with the relevant packages loaded to help anyone interested in investigating the problem. You are the most likely person to be able to generate sample code that reproduces your problem, even if imperfectly.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing