[R] code to convert 3D geographical coordinates to Cartesian?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Mon Dec 31 05:14:01 CET 2012

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2012-December/332658.html

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2012-December/332666.html
> Have you checked the spatial stats task view on CRAN?

> http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html

I have, and can't believe that functionality this fundamental is not
API. But I have looked at several packages and am not seeing it. I
suspect that either it's so low-level that it's just not exposed as API,
or just that there is API but I'm not seeing it in the package docs
("hidden in plain sight"). Hence I ask

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>