[R] Plotting bar graph over a geographical map

sjlabrie sjlabrie at mit.edu
Wed Feb 1 05:53:09 CET 2012

Hi,

I am looking for a way to plot bar on a map instead of the standard points.
I have been using ggplot2 and maps libraries.
The points are added with the function geom_point. I know that there is a
function
geom_bar but I can't figure out how to use it.

Thank you for your help,

Simon

### R-code
library(ggplot2)
library(maps)

measurements <- read.csv("all_podo.count.csv", header=T)
allworld <- map_data("world")

pdf("map.pdf")
ggplot(measurements, aes(long, lat)) +
 geom_polygon(data = allworld, aes(x = long, y = lat, group = group),
 colour = "grey70", fill = "grey70") +
 geom_point(aes(size = ref)) +
 opts(axis.title.x = theme_blank(),
 axis.title.y = theme_blank()) +