[R] Compilation of .C into .dll

ScottM scott.mcgrane at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Feb 3 11:24:08 CET 2012

Hello,

Computing language really isn't a strength of mine - I'm trying to run a
model which has been passed on to me and I need to convert it into a dll, so
it is usable in R, but I'm finding the documentation very hard to follow.
Could someone possibly provide me a very quick script to do this using the
Command Prompt function (I'm using Windows 7).  Details as follow:

C:\Users\Scott\Desktop\model_gir\C_source-code>

The above is the folder where the .c file (titled model7all.c) is stored -
how do I convert this to a .dll format?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers,

S.