[R] Clear last x entries of R console

angliski_jigit angliski_jigit at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:00:36 CET 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to build in a progress-tracker into my loops that let me have a
sense of their progress. I'd like to be able to output to screen a series of
periods "...." etc. for each completion of the loop, but I <don't> want to
build a pyramid, e.g.
.
..
etc. So I need to be able to delete <the last line> of the console entry to
accomplish this. There are commands to erase the whole console, but that's
not what I want either; ideally, the command would allow me to erase the
last line or the last x lines.

Thanks
Angliski