[R] How to Compare the median to the mean?

Ajata Paul sonjamackintire at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 18:42:24 CET 2012

Okay, so I have a homework projecr for R, and we had to input the following
link as some sort of data:
nb10 <- read.table("http://www.adjoint-functors.net/su/web/314/R/NB10").
Afterwards, we have to use
fivenum(nb10) to find max, min, quantiles, and sd, but I'm okay with this.
The next question is where I'm stuck.  The question is as follows;
Compare the median (use the quantiles or median(nb10$V1)) to the mean.  I
found the mean to be 408.8 and the median to be 404.  Can you please explain
to me what I need to put into the program to get an answer and explain what
the answer means?

Thank You.