[R] Author at R

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Mon Feb 6 00:06:26 CET 2012

On Sun, 5 Feb 2012, Matyas Sustik wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response!  That is exactly what I was looking for.

You're welcome.

> On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Achim Zeileis
>> There is an introduction in the following report:
>> http://epub.wu.ac.at/3269/
> [...]
>> Authors at R: c(person(given = "John", family = "Doe", role = "aut"),
>>  person(given = "Jane", family = "Doe", role = c("aut", "cre"),
>>    email = "Jane.Doe at e-mail.org"))
>
> An additional question.  My name in LaTeX syntax is: M\'aty\'as, could
> I, should I use that form?  (I admit I did not read the whole pdf you
> cited, but I searched for the word "accent" in it to no avail.)

You have two choices: Either include the transliterated version using
ASCII characters (Matyas) or use the accented version in some suitable
encoding (e.g., in latin1 or UTF-8). In the latter case the encoding has
to be declared as discussed in "Writing R Extensions". See:
http://CRAN.R-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#Encoding-issues
http://CRAN.R-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html#The-DESCRIPTION-file