[R] how do I exort a list of numbers into csv file?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 03:42:02 CET 2012

Hi Michael,

Part of me imagines this is overkill, but this should be one option:

## your data
mylist <- list(1:3, 3:6)
## open a writeable connection to a file
con <- file("test.csv", "w")
## first collapse each element of the list to be a comma separated
string, then write each
## element of new character vector to con using writeLines
writeLines(sapply(mylist, paste, collapse = ", "), con = con)
## close the connection
close(con)

see ?writeLines for details on different ways to indicate end of the line.

Hope this helps,

Josh