[R] R's memory capabilities

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:37:16 CET 2012

Use the Matrix package which provides easy access to sparse matrices.
I think (unchecked) there's even easy provision for a diagonal sparse
matrix.

That said, if you are always working with diagonal matrices, couldn't
you just keep the diagonals as vectors since the formulas for matrix
multiplication reduce nicely in that case?

Michael