[R] replace elements of a data frame

Arnaud Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at a2ct2.com
Tue Feb 7 20:24:34 CET 2012

I did indeed have a look at recode(), and was able to replace, but an error warning :

> recode(names,"BO","BOO",df)
Warning message:
In recode.default(names, "BO", "BOO", df) :
  Name(s) of vars duplicates with an object outside the dataFrame.

> df
  names price
1   BOO    10
2     C    25
3    CL    20

As you can see, "BO" has been replaced by "BOO", but with a warning!

Arnaud Gaboury

A2CT2 Ltd.
Trade: +41 22 849 88 63
Fax:   +41 22 849 88 66
arnaud.gaboury at a2ct2.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.