[R] computing scores from a factor analysis

francesca francesca.iordan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 15:19:32 CET 2012

William,
I had a problem similar to Wolfgang and I solved it through your help.
Many thanks!

Just an observation which sounded strange to me ( I am not a statistician,
just a wildlife biologist)
I have noticed  that  running the pca using principal with raw data  (and
therefore using scores=TRUE in the command line) gives different pca scores
than running the same pca with the correlation matrix (using scores=FALSE in
the command line and therefore calculating the scores in the way you
suggested to Wolfgang). Is that normal?

Thanks

francesca