[R] standard error for lda()

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Feb 9 23:59:42 CET 2012

On Feb 9, 2012, at 4:45 PM, array chip wrote:

> Hi, didn't hear any response yet. want to give it another try..
> appreciate any suggestions.

My problem after reading this the first time was that I didn't agree
with the premise that logistic regression would provide a standard
error for a probability. It provides a standard error around an
estimated coefficient value. And then you provided no further details
or code to create a simulation, and there didn't seem much point in
trying to teach you statistical terminology that you were throwning
around in a manner that seems rather cavalier , .... admittedly this
being a very particular reaction from this non-expert audience of one.