[R] Table rearranging

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Feb 10 23:06:52 CET 2012

On Feb 10, 2012, at 4:47 PM, Jeffrey Joh wrote:

> Hi David,
> Totally forgot line 3!  So "513 red" should be ok but "420 red" and
> "917 yellow" aren't.

I don't have a plyr solution but this is a base solution:

dat[ as.logical( ave(dat$door, dat$date,
                FUN=function(x) {"open" %in% x & "closed" %in% x} )) , ]
   ID measurement date   door color
1  1   0.9352938  513   open   red
3  3   0.9620535  513 closed   red
4  4   0.9639099 1230   open  blue
5  5   0.9765203 1230   open green
6  6   0.9893108 1230 closed  blue
8  8   0.8945757 1230   open  blue

(You could have used Dunlap's resutl and tested for both the meanOpen
and meanClosed values being not-is.na.)

--
David

> Jeffrey

>> CC: r-help at r-project.org
>> From: dwinsemius at comcast.net
>> To: johjeffrey at hotmail.com
>> Subject: Re: [R] Table rearranging
>> Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 21:51:55 -0500
>>

>> On Feb 7, 2012, at 8:43 PM, Jeffrey Joh wrote:
>>

>>> Hi David, I am not sure how ddply/summarize solves my issue. I have
>>> the following table:
>>>
>>> ID measurement date door color
>>> 1 0.93529385 513 open red
>>> 2 0.97419293 420 open red