[R] How to solve long tick labels (axis.text.x)

vd3000 vd3000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 12:44:48 CET 2012

Hi, all,

I am a newbie for [r].

I am currently trying to learn this example.
/http://learnr.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/ggplot2-barplots//
/http://learnr.wordpress.com/2009/03/17/ggplot2-barplots/  /

After I made a drawing

/c <- b + facet_grid(Region ~ .) + opts(legend.position = "none") /

If I want to make the axis.text.x (I don't want to mix with axis labels, so
I type axis.text.x, or simply tick labels) to become horizontal, I think I
could do it.
However, how could I make the text in two rows like "1820 -" on the first
row and "30" on the second row?

I am also trying to make another graph, however, the axis.text.x do not
follows any pattern...
let say, "amercian handsome guys", "italian ladys", "smart japanese", etc...
How could I wrap those tick-labels in ggplot???

I have tried to follow the wrapper from
/http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5574157/r-ggplot2-can-i-make-the-facet-strip-text-wrap-around/
/https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2005-April/069496.html/
But I just failed again and again...X_X.

Hope some genius could help.

Thanks.

vd