[R] kernlab - error message: array(0, c(n, p)) : 'dim' specifies too large an array

Mon Feb 13 17:45:45 CET 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Martin Batholdy
<batholdy at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I am sorry,
>
> My trainingset consists of a 60 x 204 matrix (independent_training – 204 features).
> I have 60 continuous labels (dependent_training, ranging from 2.25 to 135).
>
> this is all the code I use:
>
> library(kernlab)
> rvm(as.matrix(independent_training), dependent_training, type="regression", kernel = "vanilladot")

Can you call `traceback()` after you get the error to see if you can
follow the code path that results in the explosion?

Downloading the kernlab src package will be helpful while your smoking
out the error so you can look at the entire source code, too.

In my .Rprofile, I actually have something like so:

options(error=utils:::dum.frames)

Which allows me to call `debugger()` after an error is thrown and
drops me into the location that threw the error (most of the time (I
think)), allowing me to poke around and see who's who, and what's
what.

HTH,
-steve

--