[R] Writing R-scripts

ilai keren at math.montana.edu
Tue Feb 14 08:13:07 CET 2012

It seems all you are doing in the if statements is defining functions.
You need to actually "apply" them to some arguments, then you can pass
results.
i.e.
f<- function(x,type,...){
a<- function(...){   2* x }
b<- function(...) {  x^2 }
if(type==1){ ret<- a(x) }
if(type==2){ ret<- b(x) }
ret
}

You may also want to see ?switch or ?local

Cheers