[R] configure lyx2.0.2 with sweave in windows 32 bit.

Jeff Laake jeff.laake at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 14 18:28:19 CET 2012

On 2/14/2012 6:51 AM, Rainer M Krug wrote:

> On 14/02/12 13:41, ATANU wrote:
>> I am using R 2.14.1. I am trying to configure Lyx with Sweave. I
>> have read articles but I found none to be complete  and I cannot
>> import sweave document in lyx . Can anyone please help me with a
>> stepwise procedure how to configure Lyx with Sweave so that I can
>> run my R-code chunks from LYX ,the output being a pdf.?
>
> I would really recommend to ask this question on the lyx mailing list
> (http://www.lyx.org/MailingLists)
>
> See you there,
>
> Rainer

You can find some instructions that I wrote for installation and a
mini-tutorial at https://github.com/NMML/R-User-Meetings.  While there
are many TeX editors around I find LyX to be a big time saver for table
creation amongst others. Also, it allows you to use LaTeX without
remembering all of the syntax and still allows you to use LaTeX code as
you learn.  LyX incorporates a Track Changes feature which is useful
because non Tex collaborators can use it for edits with no knowledge of
TeX.   Rainer is correct that this is better on the LyX mailing list,
but maybe this will be to let R users know what is out there to get them
into Sweave/LaTeX.  It has certainly been useful for me.

--jeff