[R] neuralnet problem

Luc MOULINIER moumou at igbmc.fr
Wed Feb 15 21:31:17 CET 2012

Hello List !

I'm a bright new R user, and I encounter a problem when trying to use the neuralnet package.
I have a training set with 8 inputs, and there are 3 outputs (I need 3 distinct neurones as output). Although I read the examples, and the package article, I don't know how to tell R there are 3 outputs (3 outputs neurones).

Here is my actual code :

# All = input data
All <- read.table('in.dat')
colnames(All) <- paste('col',1:ncol(All),sep='')
# Val = target values, matrix of n rows X 3 columns
Val <- read.table('target.dat')

# create dataframe
dt <- data.frame(Val,All)

nn <- neuralnet(Val ~ col1+col2+col3+col4+col5+col6+col7+col8,data=dt)

Is there someone kind enough to correct my code ?

Many many thanks in advance !!

Luc

Dr. Luc Moulinier,
Laboratoire de Biologie et Génomique Intégratives
IGBMC
1, rue Laurent Fries
67 404 ILLKIRCH Cedex
Phone : +33 (0)3 88 65 32 79