[R] Link to a Network computer

wpcmba rsilvestri at illumina.com
Wed Feb 15 23:26:47 CET 2012

Issue: Connecting to a computer in a network.

I would like to connect to a file on a computer on my internal network that
has a different password. I have tried download.file and read.csv to no
avail.

When use this link in explorer it will prompt me for a username/password:

file://hs9999-907/D$/protein%20Maintenance%20Logs/123.txt

Then it lets me through. I cannot get any R traction on where I might be
going wrong or a command that might work.

Thanks,

Rob S.