[R] ggplot rank stack bar automatically.

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 15:25:00 CET 2012

No.... I'm talking about changing the order (the first part of your
question). What you see as dates on the axis aren't actually "Date"s
(in the sense of the R class of that name) but rather factors. To R
they are just labelled categories so it just uses an arbitrary order
to plot them: if you change that order, you'll change the way they are
plotted. Ista shows you how to do that.

About the "\" problem, for now, the best advice is "don't worry about
it" they won't be there on your plots. Run this and you'll see what I
mean:

plot(1:5, main = "Foo\\nBar")

The real answer involves escape characters, if you want to look into it more.

Michael