[R] Error message in gamm. Problem with temporal correlation structure

Simon Wood s.wood at bath.ac.uk
Fri Feb 17 12:41:07 CET 2012

eva,

I can't manage to replicate this by simulation. Is there any chance you
could send me the data off-list, and I can take a look (if so I'll only
use the data for the purpose of finding out what's wrong, of course).

best,
Simon

On 17/02/12 09:35, HERNANDEZ PLAZA, MARIA EVA wrote:

> HELLO ALL,
>
> I AM GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO RUN A GAMM MODEL LIKE THE ONE BELOW.
>
>   I AM USING R VERSION 2.14.1 (2011-12-22) AND MGCV 1.7-12.
>
> M1<-gamm(DepVar ~ Treatment + s(Year, by =Treatment), random=list(Block=~1), na.action=na.omit, data = mydata, correlation = corARMA(form =~ Year|Treatment, p = 1, q = 0))
>
> THIS IS THE ERROR MESSAGE
>
> Error in `*tmp*`[[k]] : attempt to select less than one element
>
> I have 312 observations. I get the error when I introduce the correlation structure in the model. I have the same problem even if I use /corAR1() /or I set bs=”cr”. I also tried to increase the number of iterations using the control option, but I find the same problem.
>
> Is there any other way in which I could include the correlation structure?
>
> I would appreciate any suggestions
>
> thanks!
>
> eva
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Simon Wood, Mathematical Science, University of Bath BA2 7AY UK
+44 (0)1225 386603               http://people.bath.ac.uk/sw283