[R] help updating package rJava (on ubuntu)

Hasan Diwan hasan.diwan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 22:20:06 CET 2012

On 18 February 2012 13:13, Karl Brand <k.brand at erasmusmc.nl> wrote:
> Thanks for yout fast response. Thing is - i managed to get Version 0.9-1
> installed and fully functional. And
>
> $ locate jdk
> returns too many entries to post here, so i'm pretty sure its on the
> machine.

What you want to look for is javac, not jdk. On my ubuntu system, this
is to be found at /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk-i386/bin/javac

> So i'd like to know how i can ensure it's "registered in R". This i have no
> idea how to do. I simply don't have enough R and linux experience. Also the
> thread i mentioned
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3311940/r-rjava-package-install-failing
> seems to be about pointing R at the right location of certain aspects of
> Java. But lacks enough explicit details for myself to be able use.

A previous response indicated R javareconf -- this is the only
configuration you should need. Let me know if you have further
problems.
--
Sent from my mobile device
Envoyait de mon portable