[R] > 14 points for lines(y~x)

dardisco christopherdardis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 07:22:31 CET 2012

Problem: lines plots 1st 14x points then stops.

boxplot(y1~lx)
lines(y1~lx)

Note tilda appearing as -(minus) on this thread.
Variables: y1, lx; both=continuous
Goal: display boxplots for y1 for each value of lx, then join with line
(Loess are nice, any will do).

Have tried with other versions of lines, but seems to be a core problem. No
biggie, just I would like to know the limits of the function and to skip
points if necessary eg 28x (x,y) points so plot (1,1), (3,3), (5,5) etc.
As it is, my lines come way off the page after 14 (x,y) points for functions
which appear otherwise broadly linear.