[R] GTK+

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Feb 20 12:09:27 CET 2012

On 19.02.2012 18:58, Idielle Walters wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am struggling to install GTK+ for Windows 7.  RGtk2 needs this
> package to load.  Does anybody know of a installation file that works?

See the ReadMe for Windows binary packages. For the current R-reelase
this is

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.14/ReadMe

and find that

- Package RGtk2 requires an an installation of Gtk+ aka Gtk2 >= 2.20.
   For 32-bit R, version 2.20 or later from
     http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php, e.g.

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.0-20101016_win32.zip
   For 64-bit R, version 2.20 or later from
     http://www.gtk.org/download/win64.php, e.g.

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win64/gtk+/2.22/gtk+-bundle_2.22.0-20101016_win64.zip
   In each case, unpack the zip file in a suitable empty directory and
     put the 'bin' directory in your path.  NB: the 32-bit and 64-bit
     distributions contain DLLs of the same names, and so you must ensure
     that you have the 32-bit version in your path when running 32-bit R
     and the 64-bit version when running 64-bit R - and the error messages
     you get with the wrong version are confusing.

Uwe Ligges