[R] Computing plot size in Sweave

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Mon Feb 20 18:44:45 CET 2012

I guess that is not possible with Sweave, but it is possible in the
knitr package (an alternative to Sweave). You can set

opts_knit$set(eval.opts = c('fig.height', 'fig.width'))

so that these two options will be evaluated as R expressions (e.g.
fig.height=x means it takes value from a variable x).

Note width/height have been renamed to fig.width/fig.height in knitr.
See http://yihui.name/knitr/

Regards,
Yihui
--