[R] error with persp()- increasing 'x' and 'y' values expected

adick adick at csu.fullerton.edu
Mon Feb 20 20:15:40 CET 2012

I want to use persp to graph my data and it keeps giving me the error
increasing 'x' and 'y' values expected, even though my data is in increasing
order with respect to x and y.

Here is the code I'm currently using:
bob= scan ("SBA3dataTaxonB.txt",what="char")
labels = bob[1:3]
bob=bob[-c(1,2,3)]
bob=as.numeric(bob)
bob=array(bob,dim=c(3, length(bob)/3))
bob=t(bob)
data.frame(bob) -> bob
bob = bob[order(bob[,1], bob[,3]),]
persp(bob[,1], bob[,3], bob[,2], log="bob[,1]")

The first few lines of the txt file SBA3dataTaxonB.txt look like this:
variable	TaxonB	central
10	19	0.002
10	25	0.002
10	26	0.002
1	17	0.002
1	23	0.002
1	16	0.002
0.1	48	0.002
0.1	47	0.002
0.1	57	0.002
10	15	0.004
10	22	0.004
10	22	0.004
1	21	0.004
1	22	0.004
1	27	0.004
0.1	73	0.004
0.1	62	0.004

Can anyone help me figure out why I am getting this error? And also a
possible solution would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks, Amanda