[R] bootstrap in time dependent Cox model?

Ehsan Karim wildscop at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:54:52 CET 2012

Thanks Prof. Terry for the response.

To answer the second comment, the weights I am considering are inverse
probability of treatment weights (IPTW). To perform bootstrapping, my
initial thought would be to
- select patients (sampling from unique id with replacement) and
- then include all the multiple observations of the selected patients
(include all rows with the selected id) to make a bootstrap sample.
- Then create new weights based on this bootstrap sample (I mean,
based on covariate history of the selected patients) and
- then run the stated weighted Cox model with this bootstrap sample.
This should give me point estimate (of treatment effect or HR) from
one sample. Similarly I would repeat for all bootstrap samples. My
question is: does this bootstrap strategy sound reasonable? I am
guessing boot() can be used here once the above is put in a function.

Any suggestions/references will be highly appreciated.

cheers,

Ehsan