[R] In R 2.14.1, what does wrong sign in 'by' argument mean?

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Tue Feb 21 21:00:13 CET 2012

Don't delete the context of the message. If you are sure that windowsize is
positive, are you also sure that it is less than length(inputseq)?

> seq(1, -10, 1)
Error in seq.default(1, -10, 1) : wrong sign in 'by' argument

David L Carlson
Associate Professor of Anthropology
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4352

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:43:15 -0800 (PST)
From: bioinformatics <uccstudent at live.ie>
To: r-help at r-project.org

Thats all well and good but the number im using is a positive so that
shouldn't be happening.