[R] stepwise selection for conditional logistic regression

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 14:22:23 CET 2012

On Feb 22, 2012, at 12:03 AM, Subha P. T. wrote:

> Hi David
> My data set has about 20 significant variables and  step function
> with logistic regression is working fine( in R-commander). I tried
> to get conditional logistic by introducing the stratum variable and
> clogit. The clogit is not converging but is giving the summary of
> the model. When step/step AIC/..are used, the message given is
> "ERROR: number of rows in use has changed".

Caveat: I do not generally use stepwise methods and I have no
experience with this particular message. Nonetheless it suggests that
you have some variable in the model tat differs from the others with
respect to missingness. Have you tried using subset() or
complete.cases() to select a set of non-missing data for all tested
variables?

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT