[R] Gamm and post comparison

RHam rmhami at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:55:53 CET 2012

My data set consist of number of calls (lcin) across Day. I am looking for
activity differences between three features (4 sites per feature). I am also
looking for peaks of activity across time (Day). I am using a gamm since I
believe these are nonlinear trends with nested data.

gammdata<-gamm(lcin~Temp+s(Day)+fType+wind+fFeature+Forest+Water+Built,
list=fSite,data=data, family=gaussian)

summary(gammdata$gam)
summary(gammdata$lme)
anova(gammdata$gam)

I can see which variables are significant but I was wondering if there was a
way to do a post hoc to see differences between features? Or is there a way
to compare different models (feature) for significance (not best fit)
against each other?

Thanks,
Rham