[R] Lattice and horizontally stacked density plots

ilai keren at math.montana.edu
Thu Feb 23 04:07:39 CET 2012

The plot you referred to depends on packages flowViz and flowCore from
R-bioconductor.
With lattice alone you can easily get all curves on the same level:
densityplot(~ val | factor(id2), groups=factor(id1),data=a_df,pch='|')

But if that doesn't do it for you, you could write your own panel
function. I don't have time to try it but I'm thinking one of these
might work
1)
create new ylim[1] from current.panel.limits()$ylim / number of groups
dens<- density(x)
use lines and polygons to draw the curves dens$x,dens$y at each new ylim level.

2) grid may come in handy here, splitting each panel into several viewports ?

3) use bwplot for "setup" but plot polygons of density (steps 2:3 from option 1)

Good luck with that.

Elai