[R] multiple gsub

TwistedSkies david.vicary at talbotuw.com
Thu Feb 23 11:28:21 CET 2012

Hi Guys,

I am relatively new to R and was wondering if I could next my gsub command
in identifying one object

I have data which looks like this:  <name>Taiwan_250km</name>
I want it to look like this:                 Taiwan_250km

So essentially I just want to gsub '<name>' and  </name> with nothing!

So far I have got this:  PolyNam <-
unlist(strsplit(gsub("</name>","",PolyRaw[PolyLin],fixed = TRUE)," "))

Which removes the end tag, just wondering how I can nest 2 gsubs to remove
both?!

Thanks in advance!