[R] UT Summer Statistics Institute--info for R-help

SSC Postdoc Search postdoc_search at ssc.utexas.edu
Fri Feb 24 18:19:23 CET 2012

Dear R-help,

The Division of Statistics + Scientific Computation at The University of
Texas at Austin will be hosting the University¹s fifth annual UT Summer
Statistics Institute on the UT Austin campus from May 21 ­ May 24, 2012.
Short courses are offered at all levels including introductory statistics,
software, and statistical methods and applications. We are offering the
following courses using or teaching R: An Introduction to R: General
Usage, Data Analysis, and Graphics; Power Analysis for Proposal Writing;
Advanced Regression; and Introduction to Data Mining.

The three main purposes of the SSI are:
€   To provide participants with access to new statistical knowledge and
skills
€   To give participants hands-on experience with data analysis
€   To prepare participants to interpret studies employing statistical
methods.

Registration is now open. Students receive a 60% discount and groups can
receive a 20% discount off the regular $500 course fee. Visit our website
at http://www.ssc.utexas.edu to download the UT Summer Statistics
Institute brochure and learn more.

Marilyn Harris

--