[R] Reading spss files into R - warnings

Steve Taylor steve.taylor at aut.ac.nz
Sun Feb 26 22:37:47 CET 2012

suppressWarnings() will get rid of them for you.

Note that in R a factor cannot have duplicate levels.  Compare the results with use.value.labels turned on or off, to see which you prefer.

I also get the "unknown type" warnings, but I ignore them as my data seems to arrive into R intact.

Hope that helps.

cheers,
    Steve