[R] Extract data point coordinates from kernel home range estimation

despina_tg despina.tg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 10:44:06 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm very new in working on R and maybe that's a simple thing I'm trying to
do, but I am really stuck.

I have  a data point set of animal tracking coordinates and I have
implemented a kernel utilization distribution analysis in order to find the
home range for 95% of the relocation data. I have used the ud.kde() and
hr.kde() functions of the "wild1" package, so I have a number of polygons
(peaks of kernel density) as an object of the following class:

> class(homerange)
[1] "Polygons"
attr(,"package")
[1] "sp"

My question is how can I extract the point coordinates within each
polygon-circle? Because, the home range coordinates are arbitrary points
contouring the real data points.

Hope it's clear,

Despina