[R] indexing??

helin_susam helin.susam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:50:45 CET 2012

Dear Petr Pikal and Petr Savicky thank you for your replies..

If the y vector contains different elements my algorithm gives this result;
y <- c(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10)
x <- c(1,0,0,1,1,0,0,1,1,0)

n <- length(x)

t <- matrix(cbind(y,x), ncol=2)

z = x+y

for(j in 1:length(x)) {
out <- vector("list", )

for(i in 1:10) {

t.s <- t[sample(n,n,replace=T),]

y.s <- t.s[,1]
x.s <- t.s[,2]

z.s <- y.s+x.s

out[[i]] <- list(ff <- (z.s), finding=any (y.s==y[j]))
kk <- sapply(out, function(x) {x$finding})
ff <- out[! kk]
}
}

> kk
 [1]  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE FALSE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE  TRUE FALSE
> ff
[[1]]
[[1]][[1]]
 [1] 5 7 3 2 2 6 7 2 6 6

[[1]]$finding
[1] FALSE

[[2]]
 [1]  7 10  6  2  2  2  6  6  9  3

[[2]]$finding
[1] FALSE

Here, the two situations are FALSE, that is 5th and 10th bootstrap
re-samples do not contain one (or more) element(s) of original vector ("y").

How can I get the similar result when the y vector includes the only
response variable (1 or 0) ? That is
y <- c(1,1,1,0,0,1,0,1,0,0)

Many thanks.