[R] Does anyone knows a KMeans ++ package for R?

Rui Esteves ruimaximo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 11:52:23 CET 2012

Dear Pascal,

>From Wikipedia:

In applied statistics, k-means++ is an algorithm for choosing the
initial values (or "seeds") for the k-means clustering algorithm. It
was proposed in 2007 by David Arthur and Sergei Vassilvitskii, as an
approximation algorithm for the NP-hard k-means problem—a way of
avoiding the sometimes poor clusterings found by the standard k-means
algorithm.