[R] Database

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Wed Feb 29 16:26:00 CET 2012

It all depends on what you are doing but R is pretty powerful.  I have never used Access so I don't know what it can do but I have played around with othe dbs at a very basic level and most things I did could be done quite easily in R  : Sheer data set size could be a problem but unless you have millions of data items you are probably okay in R.

For your example.  Assume nams1 is from dataset 1 and nams 2 is from dataset 2.
nams1 <- letters[1:5]
nams2 <- letters[3:7]

nams1 %in% nams2
Done.