[R] How can I avoid the warning messages when calling DAAG package?

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Feb 29 20:57:35 CET 2012

On 29.02.2012 15:19, Jason Love wrote:
> Dear R users,
> I'm a newbie for R and want to ask some basic questions.
> So, after I open the R software, I typed library(DAAG). Then, I get massive
> warning messages as shown below.
>   Why does it happen?
>   Also, here are few specific questions regarding each message.

> is not included in DAAG?

Yes.

>    2) Attaching package: 'survival' ->Does this also mean that the package
> 'survival' is attached because it is not included in DAAG?

Yes.

>    3) Why are so many objects masked even after I open up the fresh R and
> type library (DAAG) first time?

Because you loaded lots of packages and you have, e.g., a fossilfuel in
your workspace and another object with the same name is in the package.
Next, DAAG is masking some objects from the other packages. Since we
have NAMESPACES nowadays, it is not too serious to mask objects unless
you want to use them directly (and the information is given to notify
you about that).

Uwe Ligges