[R] Quantile scores as dependent variables.. an R and general method question

ilai keren at math.montana.edu
Wed Feb 29 23:52:45 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Doran, Harold <HDoran at air.org> wrote:

> The OP is looking for a way to deal with outcomes scores that are quantiles, not a method that models different quantiles of the conditional distribution where an outcome is a continuous variable. So, I don't think QR methods is what is needed.

Huhh?
First, "deal with" is rather vague, does it mean summary? plot?
delete? as the OP is worried about independence, some modelling
exercise is more likely. Second, where do you think the OP quantiles
come from if not from the conditional distribution of some continuous
RV ? hint: not France.
So for "...leads to theory, texts or R code.." on the distributional
properties of quantiles/order statistics, do you have a better
suggestion for a starting point than QR methods?

Cheers