[R] gam() (in mgcv) with multiple interactions

yanch1985 yanch1985 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 03:34:37 CET 2012

Dear Simon,

I have the same problem. I understand te(a), te(b) are nested in te(a,b)
according to your paper on tensor product.  I have no enough data to perform
te(a,b,d) and only care the interactions a*b and a*d, so I did
y=te(a,b)+te(a,d).  The resutl is good.  I am wondering if this is the
correct way to do in mgcv? How does mgcv handle the a in both /te/ terms?

Thanks.

Best regards,
 Chuan Yan